Tuesday 7 October 2014

Kale soup.


As promised, I have tried and tasted a kale soup recipe. It was quite easy to make, having said that, if I had normal sized carrots, it would have made things easier. At first sight, it looks 'healthy', but it taste anything but. The best thing about it for me is that I have grown all the vegetables in it, even the egg was from a friend from work who has a smallholding. I made it slightly chunky, more accident rather than design. I only have a stick blender and I missed some bits, but I think it added to the whole thing. All in all I think I will be continuing to grow kale next year.

So this is what you will need.


  • 250g of kale
  • 1 onion
  • 3 carrots
  • 3 potatoes
  • 3 leeks
  • 2 lts of vegetable stock
  • 250ml 
  • 1 boiled egg
  1. Steam or boil the kale until it's tender.
  2. Drain, allow to cool down then cut into strips.
  3. Peel and chop the onions, carrots and potatoes. Cut the leeks into narrow slices. Lightly fry all of these vegetables until soft, then add the stock and season with salt and pepper.
  4. Bring to the boil and simmer for 25 minutes.
  5. Blitz with a blender and add milk and kale strips.
  6. Serve and garnish with a chopped boiled egg.

You'll find the recipe in this book along with many
others


As I don't have any scales, I sort of guessed that I didn't have that much kale, so I adjusted the quantities of everything else according. I also totally forgot the milk. But it tastes great and recipes are just a guide aren't they? Till next time and thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. I like your attitude to recipes! I do the same myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have lots of kale!!! I will try your recipe, thank you!

    ReplyDelete