Thursday 5 December 2013

Delivery for Mr. the Plot.




I finally made it to the allotment after nearly two weeks away from my plot. I really made up for my absence, I went twice. It would have been more but as I was wheeling round broken pallets and concrete slabs, my arms were aching, the fact I ran out of time didn't help either. Otherwise, I still had at least another three trips to make. A normal walk to the allotment only takes about ten minutes, but with all the weight and the gale force winds today it took another five minutes. With the slabs, as you may already know, I will be laying my paths in between my six squares. As for the broken pallets, they will be made into a fence at the end of my plot were the grapevine is. I will have to cut the grapevine back a bit as it's just growing wild at the moment. The fence will not go all the way across, I'm thinking of leaving a gap in the middle like I have now, although it was never by choice, you see all the wood is so rotten that this year a section of the fence just fell off. I like the idea of having an entrance in the middle as well as at the side, so that's what I'll do. Once the grapevine is under control and I can see where it actually starts and train it to go up. Luckily for me, the way the sun goes across from morning to night, it will not put any of my plot or anybody else's plot in the shade. It should look good.


While I was there, I did look at what's happening. Still no sign of the Red onions. I did check to make sure that I planted them at the right time, but as they will be harvested in August, I'm hoping they will pick up in spring.


The Japanese Whites are doing well, some about three inches tall. I still have some parsnips left, but they can stay in for a bit longer and we can have them for Christmas dinner. And, believe it or not, I still have some strawberries trying ever so hard to ripen.

What do you mean Christmas is coming, I thought it was Wimbledon.

I'm hoping to show my face at the allotment again in the next few days while the weather holds out. I still have plenty to do and more deliveries to make. Till next time and thanks for reading.

1 comment:

  1. What a very nice garden, especially the strawberries trying to ripen :) Much better than mine, but sadly, I don't have anything close to a green thumb lol.

    ReplyDelete