Saturday 9 November 2013

Digging in the dark.

Back to digging away again. It feels like I haven't done much. But looking at old photos, and not just from this year, I can see how far I've come.

        
Before
        
After
                            
For a long time, this part of my plot has been left to fallow. Because in one year I had left it untouched, it has just got worse and worse over the years. But I've been told it's not all bad for the soil, it's just digging up all the weeds that's a pain. I was getting so stuck into the task at hand, that I didn't realise how late it was. Well it wasn't actually that late, but it was getting quite dark, thanks to the clocks going back a few weeks ago, that, and the on set of autumn. I'm now getting close to where the squashes are, and it has pretty much finished producing for this year,  so it should only be a case of just tidying up. The rest of the plot will be plain sailing after that. I did give burning the brambles another go, but again, it's still to damp. I think I'll just dump them behind my shed and be done with it. Till next time and thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment