Sunday 15 September 2013

Raindrops are falling on my head.

Well, an evening planned at the allotment has been dashed by the rain. If I was on my own, I may have braved it for longer. But I had my youngest daughter with me,  and she does have a bit of a cold coming. So I thought it best to come home. We did have time to dig up some more potatoes, still doing me proud, and a couple of marrows. Of all the squashes this year, the marrows have been the best. I did plant them late, but it is good to know they can be left till late May and still get something out of them. They aren't quite show winning marrows, but they'll do for me. I did start pinning down the strawberry runners with some U shaped wire, but then the heavens opened and today is not that warm. Here's hoping next week will stay dry. Till next time and thanks for reading.



                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment