Saturday 28 September 2013

Not quite a late run, more of a jog.

 
                     

Well, my second courgette and another one looks well on the way. Who said it wasn't going to happen. I could end up eating my own words, as well as courgettes. I think the warm weather we have been having lately has helped a lot. I've been watering this week hoping to give it a boost, and it's worked.


                 

My grapes also look ready. I know they are no good to eat, I tried one yesterday and I pulled a face like in the 'Tangfastic' sweet ads. They are very sour. Maybe they will be ok for making wine. I'll have to look into it. If not, I'll ask around the allotment to see if anyone want to take them off my hands. It'll be shame to let them go to waste.

I only spent a couple of hours at the allotment today, but it's Saturday afternoon and the football ground is less than a mile away as the crow flies. City are playing at home and you can hear all the cheers and chants. No need to be plugged into my iPod today. It was a good win for City though. But back to the main point of this blog, I carried on with digging the strawberry patch. It was full of twitch grass. I'm hoping that if I keep on top of the weeding it won't be too bad. Still got a long way to go before it's all ready and it's back to work on Monday, so less time at the allotment. Till next time and thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment