Thursday 19 September 2013

Hang 'Em High.

                                        

I'm sat on the kitchen floor. Around me I have all my onions, string, scissors, a cup of tea (essential), a copy of 'Kitchen Garden' opened at the right page, a bag for the rubbish and a dustpan and brush, because let's face it, I will make a mess. I've got the string hanging from the kitchen door. It never occurred to me to close the door. Not the easiest of things to do at the best of times without it moving all over the place. With the first onion string, I just grabbed the fist one that came to hand. It didn't look very good until I started to cut all the loose stalks and stringy roots. Apart from being un uniformed sizes, it didn't look too bad. With my second one, I arranged the onions in size order first (large to small). They do look better for it. I did think I had enough for more than just two strings. I can't say I wasn't disappointed. But when I picked them both up, there was a lot of weight. As well as having the instructions in the magazine, earlier I watch a YouTube video by 'Farm in my pocket'. Just wanted to make sure I was doing it right. If I get a good crop next year, I will do it again. Looks better than them sitting in a hessian sack. Till next time and thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment